Adhering To The Right Thesis Format
There are many types of writing tasks that is given during college or university years. It can be essays, term papers and research papers. Each consists of different parts and format. One common task would be the thesis. It is one thing that must be written in the correct format as it is usually given during the last semester that usually determines if a person is ready to graduate or not. Hence, being familiar with the thesis paper format. Below is the format:
- Cover page
- Title page:
- Thesis committee: this part is a list that has the names, titles and committee members affiliations. It must also have a space for signature and date.
- Thesis examining committee: this likewise has the names zand titles of the Thesis Examining Committee. A space for each must also be provided for signature and date.
- Dedication (Optional page)
- Acknowledgement (Optional page)
- Abstract: this has a summary of the thesis content. This must be contained in one page with single spacing.
Table of contents: this has the list of content inside the thesis. It must be listed in an orderly manner.
Body of thesis
- Text: this is divided in chapters. It should have the introduction, body and references. It should basically must have al, the parts of a thesis.
- References: the books and other resources should be listed when used anywhere in the content.
Appendices: this has the references used in the paper. It is important as it helps the reader to make addtional research and also required to prevent plagiarized content. If it is an apa thesis, the format must adhere to the APA style of writing as well.
Those are basically the correct thesis format. It should be followed by the writer so as to adhere to the instruction set by the professor. It may be hard at first yet with proper information and several samples that exist online, it can easily be followed.
In writing a thesis, a proposal should likewise be written and submitted. With such, a certain thesis proposal format must also be used. The format is as follows:
- Proposed title: the title must be direct to the point. As the paper is written, this is likely to change.
- Author: all information about the authors, department and institution must be written.
- Guide/Preceptor: this should have the contact details of the supervising preceptors or guides.
- Work description: properly explain why you are working on the paper and its importance as well.
- Review of existing literature: list at least 5-6 articles of the peer reviewed journals.
- Methodology: properly explain the methods used as well as it's scope and limitations.
- Results to be expected: provide the observations, statistics, charts, figures and others. Also write both the negative and positive outcomes.
- References: make sure that the listed references must be only from a legitimate resources. Properly use the correct format as directed by the professor.
When writing a thesis, of course, the entire paper should be in an acceptable and professional tone, with correct grammar, good choice of words and others. By perfecting such, the requirements set by the professor will surely be attended to.