Research paper rubric
Research Paper Rubric Overview
In writing research paper, writing exactly what you need or what you have researched is no longer enough. The truth is, it is not just about the grammar, sentence construction and others. The research paper rubric must also be taken into account. A rubric is a set of guide with questions or standards that must be adhered to all throughout the paper. Quite frankly, to satisfy the exemplary criteria of the rubric is no piece if cake to be answered. Because of that, students in high school, middle school, college level and even in university should strive hard to deliver what is required.
Different rubric is given depending on the level of student. Thus, students should be well aware of its content so as to be able to write the correct one. The general rubric for research paper consists of criteria such as exemplary, good, acceptable and unacceptable. These are called the headings. Below each heading would also have a description to enable students to discuss the right paper.
An exemplary would have the best examples or idea about the topic. It is followed by good, acceptable and unacceptable. Above all, the students should always comply by what the exemplary criteria is asking for the high school research paper rubric. This is so as for the paper to get the highest remark possible that will be given by the professor.
Under the headings of the rubric, there are also subheadings that should be attended to. It consists of the:
- Purpose: it should have the direct purpose of the paper.
- Content: it must be balanced between the topic and the content to be written.
- Organization: the idea to must be spontaneous all throughout the paper.
- Feel: the content should be interesting to attract readers.
- Tone: it must be professional all throughout.
- Sentence structure: it should flow smoothly from one sentence to the other.
- Word choice: the words must be selected properly.
- Grammar, spelling, writing mechanics: on the whole, the paper should be flawless. A good way to ensure that it is would be by means of proofreading and editing. Such process is performed when the entire content is written.
- Lenght: it must not be short or too long.
- Use of reference: must be used properly and should be cited when needed.
- Quality of reference: to be able to use only the legitimate reference required.
- Use of most recent edition of the publication manual of APA. The APA format must properly be used.
Those are basically the above sub-criteria that every student should adhere to. The description provided is the one under the exemplary criteria. Each would have its own description under the headings from exemplary to unacceptable. As with the research paper rubric middle school, such should be answered appropriately.
Nonetheless, the research paper rubric college is something that must be seriously taken by the student. It is the key to pass the standards set by professors. Hence, perfecting the required criteria under exemplary is a must.