Dissertation types and formats
This lengthy piece of writing is quite difficult to write, it’s quite exciting though because it marks your transition from a student/candidate to a scholar. It requires three things, good writing, originality and substantiality. The essence for writing is critical thinking and it concentrates on the principles and facts. Well this is just but part of what writing a dissertation entails, there are different formats in which you can write the dissertation and the APA dissertation format is one of them. Well if you have not been writing a lot of formal documents you are in for a surprise. Your dissertation has a format that you have to adhere to.
You can be required to use APA format dissertation style or you can choose to. Whatever the reason, you are to cite by including the PROQUEST/UMI publication number in the references citation. This will help in easy future references for those who read your dissertation. Furthermore APA style requires you to use double spacing, the pagination, the margins and the order of sections which are specific to this style .You now see why writing a dissertation is a bit hectic and difficult because without this your work will not be accepted.
There are many types of dissertations which include MBA dissertation, the analysis dissertation and so on. Do you need a well written MBA dissertation here are some tips for you:
- Choose a topic that is both interesting and important to you
- The topic should be one that you can get plenty of information for the facts have to have viability.
- In your endeavor be creative and thorough because you have to present facts
- Recheck the facts twice or three times
- Lastly a trick to writing a successful dissertation is to integrate knowledge between the subsections.
Your MBA dissertation should demonstrate adequate knowledge of the research process remember your work is a written proof!
You can write a dissertation on various topics for example women in law enforcement, an analysis-dissertation will analyze what it entails to be a policewoman, it will explain the problems the women face in this profession. And will answer questions on cultural gender and structural gender. You can analyze various topics on dissertations.
An APA style dissertation has to adhere to its style for it to be accepted, here is something on how the various aspects will be done:
APA (6th ed.) uses
- Double spacing.
- Major work tittles from which you get information from like the books, journals, movies should be italicized.
- Hanging indentations to format.
- Pagination on your dissertation should indicate the title page as page one and the copyright page as page two but numbers should not appear on them, the subsequent pages are numbered using the lower case roman numerals
- Your copyright page will have a name, the copyright date in the middle of the page, centered left to right and top to bottom.
- Your table of content should be as comprehensive as possible.